CLASSROOM ASSIGNMENT – IF YOU DID NOT FINISH THIS ASSIGNMENT IN CLASS, DO IT FOR HOMEWORK AND POST THE FINISHED ASSIGNMENT IN GOOGLE CLASSROOM.
Download the instructions here or find them in Google Classroom:
Follow the instructions, create a new document that includes your research. Name it “CareersYourNameYourPeriod”. POST IT IN GOOGLE CLASSROOM!
What are you going to do when you “grow up”? It’s never too late to begin preparing! What will your income have to be to maintain the lifestyle you’d like to live? Let’s find out. Answer the questions at the website below to get an idea of what your income will need to be to life the lifestyle you like to live!
1. Click the link below and enter the school’s username and password for Career Cruising.
2. In the upper left hand corner, click the drop down arrow next to “Login to My Plan”.
3. Create your profile by filling out the blanks. Your login username is your student ID
number and your password is your 8-digit date of birth. You are now creating your own, personal account in Career Cruising and will be able to store your own personal assessment results, career and college searches.
4. Under “What do you want to do?”, select “Explore My Interests”,
and take both assessments.
Complete the Matchmaker & My Skills, then take the Learning Styles Inventory.
The results of these assessments will help direct your to potential careers that match your personality.
5. Next, click “Explore Careers” and investigate potential career paths you might want to follow. Use your assessment results to help direct your investigation. Find out what working conditions are like for various careers, how much money you could expect to make, what kind of education is required, and lots of other information! This will help you to decide which careers will benefit you and your lifestyle best!
6. Finally, click “Explore Education Options”. Click on various states to investigate colleges in various state. Fill in the blanks on the attached worksheet to help you compare 4 different schools. Find out which colleges and universities offer the programs you are looking for. What will it cost to attend the school of your choice? How will you pay for it? Is financial aid available?